Think Smart: A Neuroscientist’s Prescription for Improving Your Brain’s Performance / by Richard Restak, M.D.
QP 398 .R47 2009
Restak shows how individuals at any age can make their brain work more effectively and efficiently. He presents a wide array of practical recommendations about such topics as the crucial role of sleep in boosting creativity, the importance of honing sensory memory, and the neuron-firing benefits of certain foods. You’ll discover:
- how walking a mile a day can shape your brain
- that increased hand and finger dexterity increases both mental agility and longevity
- how to multitask without losing your powers of concentration and focus
- the positive impact that video games can have on your brain
- the benefits to your brain of learning three new words every day
Restak offers helpful suggestions for fighting neurological decline that will put every reader on the path to building a healthier, more limber brain.–adapted from book jacket.