NC 997 .M24 2009
“In a time of unprecedented competition for audience attention and with an increasing demand for complex graphics, Visual Language for Designers explains how to achieve quick and effective communications. It presents ways to design for the strengths of our innate mental capacities and to compensate for our cognitive limitations.
- How to organize graphics for quick perception
- How to direct the eyes to essential information
- How to use visual shorthand for efficient communication
- How to make abstract ideas concrete
- How to best express visual complexity
- How to charge a graphic with energy and emotion” — book jacket